Holy thread!

Posted by Humanier | 4:03 PM | | 1 comments »

Today I installed MS SQL server 2005 on a Windows Server 2003 hosted inside VMWare. Though there were no errors during installation the server failed to start. Digging the event log I found a message saying:


SQL Server could not spawn FRunCM thread. Check the SQL Server error log and the Windows event logs for information about possible related problems.

Mr. Google rocked as usual. :) Here I found a resolution for this problem. The only thing I had to do is disable VIA protocol using the Configuration Manager (see screenshot).

The server is up and running since that time. :)

1 comments

  1. Leslie Lim // 12:53 AM  

    I read your blog.I thought it was great.. Hope you have a great day. God bless.

    Rica
    www.imarksweb.org